[bitcoin-dev] Yet another blocklimit proposal / compromise

Jorge Timón jtimon at jtimon.cc
Fri Sep 11 18:17:19 UTC 2015

On Sep 11, 2015 1:54 PM, "Marcel Jamin" <marcel at jamin.net> wrote:
> And what they felt "remained fair to all to all miners and node operators
worldwide." Increasing network connection requirements might even decrease
mining centralization right now.

No. People seem to think "Chinese have slow connections? Screw them, free
competition."
But not being well connected with the other miners is not a problem for the
Chinese miners (who are the hashrate majority), it's a problem for the rest
of the miners!!
It's not about being well connected to the "global internet", it's about
being well connected to the hashrate majority.

>> Bitcoin security depends on the enforcement of consensus rules which
>> is done by economically dependent full nodes.  This is distinct from
>> miners fullnodes, and balances miners interests, otherwise SPV nodes
>> and decentralisation of policy would tend degrade, I think.  Therefore
>> it is important that it be reasonably convenient to run full nodes for
>> decentralisation security.
>>
>> Also you may want to read this summary of Bitcoin decentralisation by
Mark:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h7eei/greg_luke_adam_if_xt_takes_over_and_wins_the/cu53eq3