[bitcoin-dev] Quick Bitcoin/Pre-Christmas modest blocksize max increase

phm moonpunter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:23:52 UTC 2015

Jason Livesay via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> In order to keep the existing brand momentum, network, and business
> investment,
These are precisely the issues that the Bitcoin Development team SHOULD
NOT concern themselves with as they are not technical in nature.
> I believe the smoothest path forward is to build a new, additional
> system re-using the bitcoin name.  I suggest this new system come
> packaged with the bitcoin core client and be referred to as
> QuickBitcoin or qbtc or something similar.  As far as the public is
> concerned it could simply continue to be called bitcoin.  The system
> will work on top of traditional bitcoins but have a mechanism for
> more/faster transactions.  Exactly what mechanism doesn't have to be
> perfect, it just needs to be reasonably secure/useful and something
> that the community will accept.
A few members of the development team have already begun doing something
along these lines but its future does not look promising.

I do not see any indication that this Christmas will be any more or less
busy than last Christmas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but retail spending
as a whole still makes up only a small percentage of Bitcoin transactions.

phm
http://phm.link