[bitcoin-dev] BIP 106 : Graphs Required

Upal Chakraborty bitcoin at upalc.com
Thu Sep 17 17:49:47 UTC 2015

Hello,

First of all, I'm not sure if it is the right place to ask for such help.
But, I thought, someone might just help out.

I'm looking for two graphs to analyze the effectiveness of BIP 106, which
can be found at
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0106.mediawiki.
Blockchain.info currently provides a graph plotting the historical data of
block size for each block, which can be found at...

https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

I need two similar graphs plotting max block size cap against each block,
calculated as per my two proposals in BIP 106. Is it possible for anyone to
provide these two graphs assuming max block size cap for block 1 was 1mb ?

Thanks & Regards,
Upal Chakraborty