[bitcoin-dev] Weekly development meetings on IRC

Dave Scotese dscotese at litmocracy.com
Fri Sep 18 23:29:42 UTC 2015

I am in a timezone that uses DST (currently PDT), but I would like us to
use a timezone that does NOT use DST.  It will be nice to have something
that reflects the seasonal patterns like my own body does.  I hate the time
change in both ways.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev <

> On Friday, September 18, 2015 8:24:50 PM Btc Drak via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> > Google calendar is localised, so it doesn't matter. The problem with
> > quoting UTC anyway it the meeting times are going to change for those
> that
> > observe DST. It would be much better to quote an actual timezone of an
> > actual area so it will remain constant, like 1700 CEST, or 0900AM PDT for
> > example. Otherwise when the clocks change, what was a convenient meeting
> > time will become inconvenient for some.
>
> Not everyone does crazy clock-changing. Using such a time system for
> scheduling seems to inconvenience the wrong position. (although perhaps
> arguably better since most people probably use DST) :p
>
> (Aside, if Google Calendar can't support standard UTC, that sounds like an
> argument against using Google Calendar...)
>
> > Urgh... Can we hardfork time? It's clearly in need of an upgrade...
>
> Tonal time works nice any consistently. :D
>
> Luke

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my value. Do you need a
techie?
I own Litmocracy <http://www.litmocracy.com> and Meme Racing
<http://www.memeracing.net> (in alpha).
I'm the webmaster for The Voluntaryist <http://www.voluntaryist.com> which
now accepts Bitcoin.
I also code for The Dollar Vigilante <http://dollarvigilante.com/>.
"He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules" - Satoshi
Nakamoto