[bitcoin-dev] CI Build for Bitcoin - Some Basic Questions about Gitian and other stuff

Mark Friedenbach mark at friedenbach.org
Wed Sep 23 17:18:14 UTC 2015

The builds made by Travis are for the purpose of making sure that the
source code compiles and tests run successfully on all supported platforms.
The binaries are not used anywhere else because Travis is not a trusted
platform.

The binaries on bitcoin.org are built using the gitian process and signed
by a quorum of developers.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Roy Osherove via bitcoin-dev <