[bitcoin-dev] Let's deploy BIP65 CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY!

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 06:17:33 UTC 2015

Mike,

Insults were not really my intention. Let's set aside our differences regarding SPV security and assume you understand the different implications for soft forks and hard forks.

Other than the fact that doing this as a soft fork requires an extra OP_DROP, how would doing this as a hard fork make any difference to SPV clients? If, as others have suggested, all clients warn the user on unrecognized nVersion and make unknown noops nonstandard, would this satisfy your concerns? The logic seems pretty straightforward.

- Eric