[bitcoin-dev] On bitcoin-dev list admin and list noise

Santino Napolitano santino.napolitano at yandex.com
Tue Sep 29 16:38:02 UTC 2015

I'm not intending to completely dismiss your concerns but as a data point: I read this list daily and it usually takes 15 minutes or less while I drink a cup of coffee.

My concern is that this is one of the (maybe *the*) last uncensored persisted forums related to technical bitcoin discussion with wide viewership. It is increasingly difficult for an average somewhat technical person to attempt to hold the bitcoin development community accountable for its actions or have their voice heard. It would really be a shame if messages like this were relegated to a black hole where things like the exchange rate and various scammy spam goes to fester.

>Debates over bitcoin philosophy, broader context, etc. will start seeing grumpy list admins squawk about "off-topic!"

Who will draw this line? It's unclear to me who the list admins are.