[bitcoin-dev] Proposal to update BIP-32

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:28:45 UTC 2016

In practice the probability of this case triggering is on the order of 2^-128 or something astronomically tiny. I've been using BIP32 for a few years already as have many others...I don't think we've ever had to handle this case. Justifiably, many app developers feel like the additional complexity of properly handling this case is not worth the effort.

Having said that, if the handling of this case is simple to implement and easy to isolate in the program flow, I am in favor of doing something along the lines of what you propose.

- Eric