[bitcoin-dev] BIP Number Request: Addresses over Audio

James MacWhyte macwhyte at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:31:16 UTC 2016

I agree, audio-based transference isn't really great for a podcast or radio
ad. It could be used to transmit payment details between phones that don't
have cameras, though. I think it would be better to define a standard for
transmitting information over audio, but not define what information is to
be conveyed so people could use the method for sending pub keys, payment
protocol requests, or anything else developers might want to make use of.

I'm guessing some sort of data-over-audio standard already exists? In which
case the bip could just say "we use [standard] to convey any
bitcoin-related data".

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016, 10:55 Daniel Hoffman via bitcoin-dev <