[bitcoin-dev] BIP Number Request: Addresses over Audio

Erik Aronesty erik at q32.com
Fri Aug 12 12:36:31 UTC 2016

I'm imagining a "publishable seed" such that:

 - someone can derive a random bitcoin address from it -  and send funds to
it.
 - the possible derived address space is large enough that generating all
possible addresses would be a barrier
 - the receiver, however, knowing the private key, can easily scan the
blockchain fairly efficiently and determine which addresses he has the keys
 - another interested party cannot easily do so

Perhaps homomorphic encryption may need to be involved?