[bitcoin-dev] Hardware Wallet Standard

Marek Palatinus marek at palatinus.cz
Thu Aug 18 09:43:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Jonas Schnelli <dev at jonasschnelli.ch>
wrote:

> I agree that BIP70 is a mess (including the bitcoin:// additions). The
> proposed URI scheme would be completely different.

This reminds me https://xkcd.com/927/

I have some experience with hardware wallet development and its integration
and I know it's a mess. But it is too early to define such rigid standards
yet. Also, TREZOR concept (device as a server and the primary source of
workflow management) goes directly against your proposal of wallet software
as an workflow manager. So it is clear NACK for me.

slush