[bitcoin-dev] Managing block size the same way we do difficulty (aka Block75)

Bram Cohen bram at bittorrent.com
Sun Dec 11 21:53:46 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 1:40 PM, t. khan via bitcoin-dev <

> Block75 is not exponential scaling. It's true the max theoretical increase
> in the first year would be 7x, but the next year would be a max of 2x, and
> the next could only increase by 50% and so on.

With those limits there's very little reason to not simply have a fixed
schedule. Blocks are likely to all be full in the future anyway, with a
real fee market, and the idea that miners will be held back on block sizes
for worry about propagation delay is a myth, and even if it were true it
would favor collective pooling a lot, which would be a very bad thing.