[bitcoin-dev] Planned Obsolescence

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Sun Dec 18 10:34:43 UTC 2016

One thing which hasn't been addressed yet in this thread is developer centralization. Unlike other applications we want to ensure that it's not only possible for users to refuse an upgrade, but easy. While this by no means lessens the retirement that users run up to date software for security reasons, finding the right line to draw is difficult.

Matt