[bitcoin-dev] BIP Process: Status, comments, and copyright licenses

Gavin Andresen gavinandresen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:58:21 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev <

> I've completed an initial draft of a BIP that provides clarifications on
> the
> Status field for BIPs, as well as adding the ability for public comments on
> them, and expanding the list of allowable BIP licenses.
>

> https://github.com/luke-jr/bips/blob/bip-biprevised/bip-biprevised.mediawiki
>
> I plan to open discussion of making this BIP an Active status (along with
> BIP
> 123) a month after initial revisions have completed. Please provide any
> objections now, so I can try to address them now and enable consensus to be
> reached.

I like the more concrete definitions of the various statuses.

I don't like the definition of "consensus".  I think the definition
described gives too much centralized control to whoever controls the
mailing list and the wiki.

Gavin Andresen