[bitcoin-dev] Pre-BIP Growth Soft-hardfork

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Sun Feb 7 09:52:31 UTC 2016

Here's a draft BIP I wrote almost a year ago. I'm going to look into revising
and completing it soon, and would welcome any suggestions for doing so.

This hardfork BIP aims to accomplish a few important things:
- Finally deploying proper merge-mining as Satoshi suggested before he left.
- Expanding the nonce space miners can scan in-chip, avoiding expensive
  calculations on the host controller as blocks get larger.
- Provide a way to safely deploy hardforks without risking leaving old nodes
  vulnerable to attack.

https://github.com/luke-jr/bips/blob/bip-mmhf/bip-mmhf.mediawiki

Luke