[bitcoin-dev] Pre-BIP Growth Soft-hardfork

jl2012 at xbt.hk jl2012 at xbt.hk
Sun Feb 7 17:53:53 UTC 2016

This looks very interesting. The first time implementing it might be more
painful but that will make subsequent hardforks a lot easier.

Do you think it's good to include the median timestamp of the past 11 blocks
after the block height in coinbase? That would make it easier to use it as
activation threshold of consensus rule changes.

For the witness commitment, it will also be treated as a merge mined
commitment?

It is also good to emphasize that it is the responsibility of miners, not
devs, to ensure that the hardfork is accepted by the supermajority of the
economy.