[bitcoin-dev] Increasing the blocksize as a (generalized) softfork.

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Mon Jan 4 21:53:36 UTC 2016

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:56:33 AM joe2015--- via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> "generalized" softfork.

FWIW, this is something I've been planning to proposed (in a nicer form) for a
while, tentatively called a "soft hardfork" (or less-seriously a "softserve
hardfork"). The big piece missing that I've been holding off on publishing it
as a BIP until complete, is a planned-out defensive reaction for a community
which wishes to reject the hardfork. I guess I should probably prioritise this
a bit more now...

Luke