[bitcoin-dev] New BIP editor, and request for information

Tier Nolan tier.nolan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 00:09:46 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 5:10 PM, Luke Dashjr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> - BIP 46 is missing from the repository, but apparently self-soft-assigned
> by
> Tier Nolan in
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2014-April/005545.html
> ; if this was later assigned official, or if he is still
> interested in pursuing this, it seems logical to just keep it at BIP 46.

I was never officially assigned any number for this.

Subsequent P2SH changes give the required functionality in an alternative
way.  This renders the BIP obsolete.

I suggest marking the number as nonassignable, in order to prevent
confusion with archive searches.  I assume that new BIP numbers will be
greater than 100 anyway.

As was pointed out at the time, I shouldn't have used a number in the
original git branch before being assigned it officially.