[bitcoin-dev] BIP 151

Erik Aronesty erik at q32.com
Thu Jun 30 13:36:57 UTC 2016

I agree.

Encrypting links in a network without identity doesn't really seem to help
enough for the costs to be justified.

I would like to see a PGP-like "web of trust" proposal for both the
security of the bitcoin network itself /and/ (eventually) of things like
transmission of bitcoin addresses.

Something where nodes of any kind (full, spv, mobile wallets) can
/optionally/ accumulate trust over time and are capable of verifying the
identity of other nodes in that web.

*Then* you can slap an encryption layer on top of it.   Once you have
identity & P2P verified pub keys for nodes, encryption becomes easy.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Eric Voskuil via bitcoin-dev <