[bitcoin-dev] Services bit for xthin blocks

Tier Nolan tier.nolan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:09:12 UTC 2016

These are the relevant info BIPs.

NODE_GETUTXO
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0064.mediawiki

NODE_BLOOM:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0111.mediawiki

The relevant code is here:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/protocol.h#L228

The NODE_GETUTXO bit was included even though it is not supported by core.
(It is one of XT's features).

I think you need to be able to reasonably claim that the bit is useful and
will have actual users, before you can claim a bit.

You can also claim one of the free for all bits 24 - 31, but that is
supposed to be only temporary.

Giving a link to "thin blocks" would help promote discussion about its
merits.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 8:06 PM, G. Andrew Stone via bitcoin-dev <