[bitcoin-dev] Compact Block Relay BIP

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Mon May 2 22:13:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The following is a BIP-formatted design spec for compact block relay
designed to limit on wire bytes during block relay. You can find the
latest version of this document at
https://github.com/TheBlueMatt/bips/blob/master/bip-TODO.mediawiki.

There are several TODO items left on the document as indicated.
Additionally, the implementation linked at the bottom of the document
has a few remaining TODO items as well:

 * Only request compact-block-announcement from one or two peers at a
time, as the spec requires.
 * Request new blocks using MSG_CMPCT_BLOCK where appropriate.
 * Fill prefilledtxn with more than just the coinbase, as noted by the
spec, up to 10K in transactions.

Luke (CC'd): Can you assign a BIP number?

Thanks,
Matt

<pre>
  BIP: TODO