[bitcoin-dev] Making AsicBoost irrelevant

Sergio Demian Lerner sergio.d.lerner at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:17:42 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Peter Todd via bitcoin-dev <

> As part of the hard-fork proposed in the HK agreement(1) we'd like to make
> the
> patented AsicBoost optimisation useless, and hopefully make further similar
> optimizations useless as well.
>

> You say that you want to make patented optimization useless, but you point
to a link that doesn't say anything about ASIC improvements or patents,
which means that you have been planning to change the protocol rules with
some miners (but not all the community).

All changes to the protocol should be discussed in public here. If you want
to make "further similar optimizations useless as well" then maybe you
should propose a switch to EquiHash.