[bitcoin-dev] Making AsicBoost irrelevant

Russell O'Connor roconnor at blockstream.io
Thu May 12 01:23:21 UTC 2016

Is the design and manufacturing processes for the most power efficient
ASICs otherwise patent unencumbered?  If not, why do we care so much about
this one patent over all the others that stand on the road between pen and
paper computation and thermodynamically ideal computation?

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Gregory Maxwell via bitcoin-dev <