[bitcoin-dev] Bip44 extension for P2SH/P2WSH/...

Pavol Rusnak stick at satoshilabs.com
Fri May 13 15:00:39 UTC 2016

On 13/05/16 15:16, Daniel Weigl via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> 2) Define a new derivation path, parallel to Bip44, but a different  'purpose' (eg. <BipNumber-of-this-BIP>' instead of 44'). Let the user choose which account he want to add ("Normal account", "Witness account").

We had quite a long discussion in our team some time ago and we agreed
on that option #2 is much better and we'd like to implement this way in
myTREZOR.

> 	+) Wallet needs only to take care of 1 address per public key

True, if this BIP only supports P2WPKH.

P2WSH should probably be handled by another account type and another
BIP, anyway.

> Has any Bip44 compliant wallet already done any integration at this point?

We have something in the pipeline, but no visible results yet.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol "stick" Rusnak
SatoshiLabs.com