[bitcoin-dev] Bip44 extension for P2SH/P2WSH/...

Daniel Weigl Daniel.Weigl at mycelium.com
Sun May 15 12:08:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

> 0x40000000 would be the next available to specify witness addresses.
> This is compatible with existing accounts and wallet layouts.

my main concern here is that
 -) every Bip<this-bip>-compatible wallet in the future will have to implement all (then probably) legacy derivation and tx schemes.
 -) it does not fail in a deterministic way, if I import a seed or xPriv/xPub across different capable wallets.
	It is more visible if one account has [no funds/does not show up] at all after an import than if something shows up but you need to make sure that the balance is what you might expect.

Daniel/Mycelium