[bitcoin-dev] [BIP Proposal] Buried Deployments

Eric Voskuil eric at voskuil.org
Mon Nov 14 18:47:35 UTC 2016

NACK

Horrible precedent (hardcoding rule changes based on the assumption that large forks indicate a catastrophic failure), extremely poor process (already shipped, now the discussion), and not even a material performance optimization (the checks are avoidable once activated until a sufficiently deep reorg deactivates them).