[bitcoin-dev] [BIP Proposal] Buried Deployments

Thomas Kerin me at thomaskerin.io
Wed Nov 16 14:18:52 UTC 2016

BIP30 actually was given similar treatment after a reasonable amount of
time had passed.
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2392

You are also missing BIP50: 'March 2013 Chain For Post-Mortem', which
neither benefited nor improved bitcoin, but did document an event for
posterity.

This is not a hard fork. Removing ISM just means we've committed to
those soft-forks only locking into the chain we use now.