[bitcoin-dev] Drivechain proposal using OP_COUNT_ACKS

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Sun Oct 2 16:17:17 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 02, 2016 at 12:49:08PM -0300, Sergio Demian Lerner via bitcoin-dev wrote:

I think your history of patenting(1) Bitcoin consensus relevant technology is
sufficient by itself to be extremely dubious of any proposals coming from you
or your colleagues; patents on Bitcoin consensus technology are a serious
threat to decentralization. Personally, I'm NACKing this proposal on that basis
alone.

You need to rectify this dangerous and unethical behavior in a convincing,
legally binding way. I'd suggest looking into Blockstream's patent pledges as a
way forward:

    https://www.blockstream.com/about/patent_pledge/

I see no reason to have any further discussion of your proposal until this is
rectified.

1) "AsicBoost is a patent-pending method to improve the efficiency and cost of Bitcoin mining by approximately 20%"
   http://www.asicboost.com/single-post/2016/03/24/AsicBoost-Press-Release