[bitcoin-dev] Drivechain proposal using OP_COUNT_ACKS

Sergio Demian Lerner sergio.d.lerner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:26:18 UTC 2016

I'm not a lawyer, and my knowledge on patents is limited. I guess RSK WILL
endorse DPL or will make the required actions to make sure the things
developed by RSK remain free and open. This was not a priority until now,
but coding was. For me, coding always is the priority.

I will discuss prioritizing this with the team. Remember it took several
years to BlockStream to decide for DPL and not just publish everything as
they were doing. I suppose the decision it was not a simple one, involving
lawyers advise and all. I guess DPL needs to actually patent the things in
order to open them later, and patenting has a very high cost.

Give us time to decide which open source strategy is the best and cheaper
for RSK. At this point I can assert that RSK has not filed any patent not
is planing to.  This proposal is not encumbered by any patents, and
drivechains is actually not RSK's idea, but Paul Sztorc's.