[bitcoin-dev] About ASICBoost

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Sun Oct 2 23:19:08 UTC 2016

Even if the Bitcoin Foundation decided to recklessly disregard Bitcoin's
future centralization, I'm not sure going to them and asking them to pay
a license fee in order to keep from holding the rest of the Bitcoin
mining community hostage counts as "regard for centralization pressure".
It also doesn't excuse the lack of transparent licensing being available
today, or the lack of transparency when discussing it in public after
the patent had been filed.

Matt