[bitcoin-dev] New BIP: Dealing with OP_IF and OP_NOTIF malleability in P2WSH

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Mon Sep 5 01:32:19 UTC 2016

Johnson Lau via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev at lists.linuxfoundation.org>
writes:
> Restriction for segwit OP_IF argument as a policy has got a few concept ACK. I would like to have more people to ACK or NACK, especially the real users of OP_IF. I think Lightning network would use that at lot.

My current scripts use OP_IF and OP_NOTIF only after OP_EQUAL, except
for one place where they use OP_EQUAL ... OP_EQUAL... OP_ADD OP_IF
(where the two OP_EQUALs are comparing against different hashes, so only
0 or 1 of the two OP_EQUAL can return 1).

So there's no effect either way on the c-lightning implementation, at
least.

Thanks!
Rusty.