[bitcoin-dev] BIP draft: OP_CHECKBLOCKATHEIGHT

Russell O'Connor roconnor at blockstream.io
Fri Sep 23 13:43:15 UTC 2016

I believe Bitcoin currently enjoys the property that during an "innocent"
re-org, i.e. a reorg in which no affected transactions are being double
spent, all affected transactions can always eventually get replayed, so
long as the re-org depth is less than 100.

My concern with this proposed operation is that it would destroy this
property.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Luke Dashjr via bitcoin-dev <