[bitcoin-dev] BIP draft: OP_CHECKBLOCKATHEIGHT

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Fri Sep 23 22:20:39 UTC 2016

In the innocent use case of this opcode, a double-spend has already occurred,
and this should be a strict improvement. In the non-innocent abuse of this
opcode, I don't see that it's any worse than simply double-spending.

Would this proposal be better or otherwise more acceptable, if a specified
height more recent than 100 blocks deep causes the script to fail? This would
increase delays in recovering the double-spend situation of course... but less
than 24h.

Luke