[bitcoin-dev] Guessing the spentness status of the pruned relatives

Bram Cohen bram at bittorrent.com
Sun Apr 2 02:18:25 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 6:58 PM, praxeology_guy <
praxeology_guy at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Bram Cohen,
>
> In R&D: First its appropriate to explore all interesting ideas, and help
> each other improve their ideas.  Last, when there is a deadline that needs
> to be met, we compare various options and decide on which to go with.
>
> I'm on the First step still.

In that case you should read my txo bitfield proposal, instead of taking my
postings yesterday as a prompt to respond to something completely unrelated.

> If you really want to push me to saying it, I'm not a fan of the Patricia
> Tree for bitcoin txos.  I think its too much work for everyone to do when
> other options are available.  But I'm not trying to say that your design is
> bad or wont work... I'm just personally not interested in it at this time.

My bitfield proposal is different from the patricia trie stuff. Also your
objection about patricia tries being 'too much work' is nonsensical because
they're quite a bit simpler than MMRs.