[bitcoin-dev] Segwit2Mb - combined soft/hard fork - Request For Comments

Btc Drak btcdrak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:40:04 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:09 PM, Sergio Demian Lerner via bitcoin-dev <

> The hard-fork is conditional to 95% of the hashing power has approved the
> segwit2mb soft-fork and the segwit soft-fork has been activated (which
> should occur 2016 blocks after its lock-in time)

Miners signalling they have upgraded by flipping a bit in the nVersion
field has little relevance in a hard fork. If 100% of the hash power
indicates they are running this proposal, but the nodes don't upgrade, what
will happen?

For the record, I actually talk a lot about hard forks with various
developers and am very interested in the research that Johnson in
particular is pioneering. However, I have failed to understand your point
about 95% miner signalling in relation to a hard fork, so I am eagerly
awaiting your explanation.