[bitcoin-dev] Segwit2Mb - combined soft/hard fork - Request For Comments

Erik Aronesty earonesty at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 02:27:34 UTC 2017

I personally appreciate the minimal changes, and often encourage
development to be done this way - when it needs to be released quickly.
But does this need to be released quickly?

- maybe the proposal should be renamed segwit 8mb and be discussed solely
in terms of block weights.

- a high consensus hard fork is probably preferable to a low consensus soft
fork, however there is nothing to indicate that segwit as it stands isnt
already very high consensus except for a handful of pool operators
protecting fee income.

- miners who currently object to segwit while pretending to like larger
blocks will find some excuse to object to this too.

- Given the challenges miners seem to have in flipping bits, I expect any
fork that requires 95pct hash power to be vaporware.

On Apr 3, 2017 11:02 AM, "Btc Drak via bitcoin-dev" <