[bitcoin-dev] bip-genvbvoting : more complete specification up for review

Sancho Panza sanch0panza at protonmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:12:46 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have put up an initial draft of the full 'bip-genvbvoting' (generalized version bits voting) specification for review:

https://github.com/sanch0panza/bips/blob/bip-genvbvoting/bip-genvbvoting.mediawiki

Comments are again most welcome - and my thanks to those reviewers who took a look at the initial rough draft [1].

A prime goal is that this BIP proposal should end up allowing full backward compatibility with the existing BIP9 state machine, if wishing to do so for a deployment. In fact, this will be necessary to maintain full compatibility with any ongoing deployments.

I will work on a reference implementation which might also turn up inadequacies of the proposed specification. A link to this will follow once it is mature enough for review.

Sancho

[1]https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-April/013969.html