[bitcoin-dev] A Small Modification to Segwit

Timo Hanke timo.hanke at web.de
Sat Apr 8 16:19:01 UTC 2017

Yes, you only need a few bits in the version number, probably less than 8.

If you encourage the overt method of using AsicBoost I would argue that you
no longer need to dis-encourage the couvert method anymore as in Greg's
proposal. Nobody would use the couvert method anyway because the overt
method is so much simpler. So maybe the proposals can be completely
disentangled?

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Jimmy Song via bitcoin-dev <