[bitcoin-dev] A Small Modification to Segwit

Jimmy Song jaejoon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 22:19:11 UTC 2017

Pavel,

> I agree. I only wanted to make clear, that the impact would be
> significant. Lot of parties would be involved with nonequivalent
> starting positions.

I agree with you. I believe nonequivalent starting positions are the norm
in mining, not the exception and hence don't believe this to be a problem.

> I think the ASICBoost can and should be prevented completely.

It certainly can be and from the responses I'm getting, I believe there
would be at least a few people that would enthusiastically support a BIP to
do that. That is, however, a separate issue than my proposal. My proposal
aims to bring ASICBoost out into the open *while it is still possible*. A
BIP to prevent ASICBoost completely is in that sense compatible.