[bitcoin-dev] I do not support the BIP 148 UASF

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Fri Apr 14 20:34:26 UTC 2017

On Friday, 14 April 2017 21:33:49 CEST James Hilliard wrote:
> This is false,
>
> Those "everyone can spend" transactions are prohibited from being
> mined due to policy rules.

I expected you to know this, but ok, I'll explain.

A policy rule is not a protocol rule, a mining node is certainly not
guarenteet to have it, and those that do typically make it configurable.

If you depend on one implementation and user configuration for the avoidance
of chain forks, you are going to have a hard time.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, though.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io