[bitcoin-dev] Small Nodes: A Better Alternative to Pruned Nodes

Angel Leon gubatron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:47:40 UTC 2017

>Financially incentivising nodes is a really weird area because it would
allow someone to essentially automate the deployment of nodes. i.e. if a
node can pay for itself 100% (even at a lesser value, it just becomes
cheaper overall), you could write an application that uses an AWS API or a
digital ocean API to automatically deploy 100's of nodes. Which sounds
great but not if that person is malicious and wants to prevent the
community adopting proposals.

what other projects have done to avoid such attacks (while incentivizing
economically running full nodes) is to only distribute part of the block
rewards back such nodes if that node has committed/frozen a predetermined
amount of coins that can't be spent. This also leaves less liquidity for
market speculation and a incentives for long term commitments.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:14 AM udevNull via bitcoin-dev <