[bitcoin-dev] Trustless Segwit activation bounty protocol (aka. bribing the miners)

Johnson Lau jl2012 at xbt.hk
Thu Apr 27 20:10:03 UTC 2017

As other explained, your scheme is broken.

Unless we have a softfork first (OP_CHECKBIP9VERIFY: payment is valid only if a BIP9 proposal is active), it is not possible to create a softfork bounty in a decentralised way

On the other hand, hardfork bounty is very simple. You just need to make sure your tx violates existing rules