[bitcoin-dev] Solving the Scalability Problem Part II - Adam Shem-Tov

Adam Tamir Shem-Tov tshachaf at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 22:26:15 UTC 2017

Thank You Christian for your response.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=473.0 :  I dont see the relevance.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52859.0 : This idea does not seem
to talking about trimming the full node. Trimming the full node is the key,
the full node is what keeps us secure from hackers. If it can be trimmed
without losing security, that would be good, that is what I am proposing.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12376.0 : Same answer as 505.0.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74559.15 : I think his proposal is
similar to mine, unfortunately for us his predictions were way off. He was
trying to fix this problem while believing that in the year 2020 the
blockchain would be 4GB!!! It is not his fault, his prediction was in 2011.
But you can see, by his prediction, which was rational at the time, was way
off. And it stresses my point, we need to fix this now. Too bad, no one
took him seriously back then, when the block chain i was 1GB.
*https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56226.0
<https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56226.0>*: Another guy with a
valid point, who was first acknowledged and then apparently ignored.
.
To summarize, this problem was brought up about 6 years ago, when the
blockchain was 1GB in size, Now it is about 140GB in size. I think it is
about time we stop ignoring this problem, and realize something needs to
change, or else the only full-nodes you will have will be with private
multi-million dollar companies, because no private citizen will have the
storage space to keep it. That would make bitcoin the worst decentralized
or uncentralized system in history.