[bitcoin-dev] Solving the Scalability Problem on Bitcoin

Leandro Coutinho lescoutinhovr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 12:10:19 UTC 2017

>>> 5) The problem with node pruning is that it is not standardized, and
for a new node to enter the network and to verify the data, it needs to
download all data and prune it by itself. This will drastically lower the
information needed by the full nodes by getting rid of the junk.  Currently
we are around 140GB, that number is getting bigger exponentially, by the
number of users and transactions created. It could reach a Terrabyte sooner
than expected, we need to act now.

To have to download all blockchain for then prune is a big drawback.
So I thought about the concept of "trusted" nodes, where you could choose
some nodes to connect and from which block you want to download. Of course
they would do this by their own risk, but there are ways to minimize the
risk, like:
  - check the latest blocks (hashes) if they match what you find in some
sites, like blockchain.info
  - download and compare the utxo from all (some) the nodes you are
connected

Currently utxo size is around 2GB and we cant know how fast it will grow (?)

Em 26/08/2017 19:39, "Adam Tamir Shem-Tov via bitcoin-dev" <