[bitcoin-dev] A DNS-like decentralized mapping for wallet addresses?

Sjors Provoost sjors at sprovoost.nl
Mon Dec 18 11:26:19 UTC 2017

Have you thought about combining this with BIP-47? You could associate payment codes with email via DNS.

It would be nice if there was a way to get rid of the announcement transaction in BIP-47 and establish a shared secret out of bound. That would simplify things, at the cost of an additional burden of storing more than an HD seed to recover a wallet that received funds this way.

Perhaps the sender can email to the recipient the information they need to retrieve the funds. The (first) transaction could have a time locked refund in it, in case the payment code is stale.

Sjors