[bitcoin-dev] Committed bloom filters for improved wallet performance and SPV security

Aaron Voisine voisine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:36:34 UTC 2017

Knowing that a transaction is property formatted and that it has been
broadcast to the gossip network is useful in many situations. You're only
thinking about whether you can know a transaction is valid and/or settled.
This is not the only possible useful information in actual real world use.
Any situation where credit card transactions are accepted today for
instance, it is useful to know that a transaction has been initiated, even
though it can be reversed at any time up to 60 days later.

Aaron Voisine
co-founder and CEO
breadwallet <http://breadwallet.com>