[bitcoin-dev] Anti-transaction replay in a hardfork

Tom Harding tomh at thinlink.com
Wed Jan 25 19:32:25 UTC 2017

On 1/24/2017 8:03 PM, Johnson Lau wrote:
> it seems they are not the same: yours is opt-out, while mine is opt-in.

I missed this.  So in fact you propose a self-defeating requirement on
the new network, which would force unmodified yet otherwise compatible
systems to change to support the new network at all. This is unlikely to
be included in new network designs.

I suggest that the opt-out bits proposal comes from a more realistic
position that would actually make sense for everyone.