[bitcoin-dev] BIP proposal: No chaining off replaceable transactions

Rhavar rhavar at protonmail.com
Wed Jul 5 13:52:53 UTC 2017

Thanks Andreas, that's actually a pretty good use-case I didn't think of.
Perhaps you could make the rule: "To spend from an unconfirmed BIP125 output, the transaction feerate needs to be higher than its unconfirmed parent's effective feerate."
It doesn't totally solve the problem, but I think in practice would do a good job (most of the problematic descendants tends to be low feerate sweeps). It would also preserve the ability for receivers to use CPFP if they wish.

-Ryan