[bitcoin-dev] Height based vs block time based thresholds

Hampus Sjöberg hampus.sjoberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 19:44:27 UTC 2017

>From the PR change:

> Miners must continue setting the bit in LOCKED_IN phase so uptake is
visible and acknowledged. Blocks without the applicable bit set are invalid
during this period

Luke, it seems like the amendments to BIP8 make it drastically different to
how it first was designed to work.
It now looks more akin to BIP148, which was AFAICT not how BIP8 was
originally intended to work.
Perhaps this should be made into its own BIP instead, or make it so it's
possible to decide how the LOCKED_IN state should work when designing the
softfork.

Hampus