[bitcoin-dev] Updating the Scaling Roadmap

Tao Effect contact at taoeffect.com
Tue Jul 11 22:41:18 UTC 2017

Dear Paul,

Drivechain has several issues that you've acknowledged but have not, IMO, adequately (at all really) addressed [1].

I think there are far safer solutions for scaling Bitcoin and integrating it with other chains than DC, which is again, a serious security risk to the whole network, as per [1].

Adopting DC would be an irreversible course of action, and one that in my opinion would unnecessarily damage not only other sidechains, but the main chain as well.

There is no rush, a proper solution is likely to present itself (I even have one that I'm toying with, but it's not quite ready yet for publication). I'm sure others are thinking similar thoughts too.

Kind regards,
Greg Slepak

[1] https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-June/014600.html <https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-June/014600.html>